6 Hours in “The Snake Den!” Mountain Bike Endurance Event & Trail Run
Welcome to 6 Hours in “The Snake Den!”
This is the second in our series of three events at Snake Den State Park!
Enjoy our other two great events.
The Battle at “The Snake Den!” Mountain Bike Cross Country Classic on April 30th
The Battle at “The Snake Den” Cyclocross Style! on November 18th
**We are also hosting the Season Opener of The New Englamd High School Cycling Association on April 29th!
We couldn’t think of a better way to continue our off-road season here than with a killer endurance race and trail run!
All TRIMOM Events utilized state-of-the-art CHIP-TIMING. Timing will be provided by The TRIMOM Timing Company using the latest chip-technology! Athletes will also recieve real-time results displayed on large screen TVS, individual results kiosks, emailed results immediately following your event! All Category LAPS, GAPS and FINISH RESULTS can be found at http://my4.raceresult.com/65193/results?lang=en
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Snake Den State Park
Welcome to 6 Hours in "The Snake Den!" Enurance Mountain Bike Race and Trail Run! This is the second in our series of three events at Snake Den State Park!
Conveniently located in Central RI... Snake Den State Park is an incredible venue to host some of the best cycling events in the NorthEast!! Come and Join us!
IMPORTANT RACE INFO - PLEASE READ TO THE END!
We utilize state-of-the-Art Chip Timing at all TRIMOM Events. Race Laps and Gaps as well as FINAL RESULTS are available to follow in real-time at
There should be ample parking within the park. Parking attendants will be around early on in the day to direct participants where to park. If you are a late day racer park where you see lots of cars and bikes. If you have any questions ask a volunteer.
Online Registration Closes Saturday August 5th at 5:00pm.
Day of Registration for all races is available beginning at 7:00am on August 6th. Race registrations close 15 minutes prior to their race start!
There is an additional $10.00 Registration Fee for Day of Registrations.
DIRECTIONS to Snake Den State Park
FROM THE NORTH: Take 295 South to Exit 6C for Route 6W Follow Hartford Ave (Route 6W) Approx. 1 Mile. Sanke Den State Park will be on your right hand side. FOLLOW PARKING SIGNS AND VOLUNTEERS!
FROM THE SOUTH: Take 95 N to 295N to Exit 6C for Route 6W. Take Route 6W Hartford Ave approx. 1 Mile. Snake Den State Park will be on your right. Follow PARKING SIGNS AND VOLUNTEERS!
The Endurance Event & Trail Run take place in The Snake Den State Park. This course boasts miles of single-track trail with a few climbs and some great technical sections to keep you on your toes. This course will prove to be fast and furious and lots of fun!
All Mountain Bike racers requires a an EFTA annual membership. Please bring your EFTA License with you or you will be required to purchase a One-Day License at registration. If you are not an annual EFTA member, you can purchase your one-day license at registration on race day. The one-day fee is $5.00
For more information visit us at: www.trimomprod.com or email us at email@example.com
6 Hour Map: https://www.strava.com/activities/931918724
4 Mile Trail Run Map
9 Mile Trail Run Map :https://www.strava.com/activities/931918724
6 HOURS IN THE DEN!
6 Hours in "The Den" Male Open 10:00 AM
6 Hours in "The Den" Singlespeed - Open 10:00 AM
6 Hours in "The Den" MASTERS 50+ 10:00 AM
6 Hours in "The Den" Female Open 10:00 AM
SNAKE DEN TRAIL RUN
9 Mile Trail Run 8:00AM
4 Mile Trail Run 8:00AM
EARLY BIRD PRICING – THRU 2/28/17
6 HOURS MTB ENDURANCE RACE - $35.00
9 MILE TRAIL RUN - $20
4 MILE TRAIL RUN - $10
EARLY REGISTRATION – 3/1/2017 thru 06/30/2017
6 HOURS MTB ENDURANCE RACE - $45.00
9 MILE TRAIL RUN - $30
4 MILE TRAIL RUN - $20
LATE REGISTRATION – 7/1/17 thru 8/05/17
6 HOURS MTB ENDURANCE RACE - $55.00
9 MILE TRAIL RUN - $40
4 MILE TRAIL RUN - $30
**ADD $10.00 for all IN-PERSON REGISTRATIONS!
The Rules of The Den
1. The race starts at 10:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm. Each rider’s final placing will be determined by the number of laps the rider has completed followed by the fastest time completing those laps. The last lap must be started before 3:00 pm. No racers may head out on course after 3:00 pm. Please let us know if you stop before 3:00 pm! Racers may finish after 2:00 pm without being disqualified. For example, a racer that has completed 3 laps with a finish time of 2:00 pm would beat a racer that completed 3 laps with a finish time of2:05 pm.
2. Support on the course may be supplied by other registered racers or the TRIMOM Tech Support Team in the Registration/Feed Area. The registered racer may supply their own equipment and tools. Items supplied by Tech Support are very limited so come prepared. There is NO BIKE TRADING, EXCHANGING, OR SWAPPING ALLOWED.
3. Water or food may be supplied to any racer by anyone at the 6 hr Registration/Feed Area. There is also a neutral WATER/FOOD/BATHROOM Station Located at the BUCKEYE BROOK ENTRANCE TO THE TRAILHEAD. When taking food or water please take caution not to impede other racers.
4. Only registered racers, event staff, or media staff may ride the course.
5. Racers must display their numbers on their bikes while racing. There is NO BIKE TRADING, EXCHANGING, OR SWAPPING ALLOWED.
6. Drafting is permitted.
7. Racers riding bikes have the right of way over those pushing bikes. If you are pushing a bike, please stay off the rideable portion of the trail so riders may pass. If you are lapping another racer, call out “passing on your left/right”. It is up to the passing rider to pass safely.
8. Short cutting the course is not allowed. If a racer short cuts they will be disqualified!
9. Poor sportsmanship, use of profane or abusive language and other unsportsmanlike behavior towards a racer, volunteer, event staff or spectator will not be tolerated. The racer is subject to a warning or immediate disqualification.
10. Please keep noise to a minimum. Respect other campers and participants.
11. In case of a disastrous situation due to weather or any other extenuating circumstance preventing continuation or scoring of the event or creates a racing environment that is deemed too dangerous for the participants, the race directors may postpone or cancel the race as of a certain time. The race may be restarted if the weather or circumstances allow. A restart procedure will be put into place atdirection of the race director. If the race is cancelled final results will be calculated based on each racers last completed lap. This is a last resort option.
12. Have FUN!!!